Recipe by ozzygirl
I got this recipe from the Australian Womans Weekly and loved it. I love the versality of a pasta dish and this was no different. It is a nice healthy alternative to so many of the heavy cream based pasta dishes that are on offer, yet has the creaminess included in the basil sauce! Its a win win recipe.
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 50 g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 150 g roma tomatoes, blanched, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300 g spaghetti
- 200 g fresh yellowfin tuna fillets, cubed
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process at a medium speed until blended to a creamy consistency.
- In a bowl
- In a large frying pan, heat 50ml of the olive oil and fry the onion until softened. Add the roughly chopped tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cook the spaghetti to packet instructions, drain and add to the tomato sauce.
- Add the tuna pieces and toss through the pasta and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with a large dollop of the cream of basil mixture.