Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a meat free version that includes sauteed zucchini. It is loaded with flavor and one of my all time favorites. Pure comfort food for me.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lb medium zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces, divided
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until pale golden, about 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and saute until beginning to color, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and discard garlic.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and Parmesan in large bowl to blend.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain and add to egg mixture and toss to coat (heat from pasta will cook eggs).
- Add zucchini mixture and half of basil to pasta; stir gently to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper, Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve.