This is often requested by my friend Linda J.'s family. They don't make it too often because it is so very rich, but when they do they enjoy it with a leafy green salad and crusty bread. Another from my "birthday book".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl beat the eggs and cream together with a pinch of salt.
- 2Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet.
- 3Add the bacon and cook gently until the fat becomes transparent.
- 4In a large pan of boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions, just to "al dente" (do not overcook).
- 5Drain pasta and add it to the bacon pan; stir well.
- 6Remove the pan from heat and stir in the egg mixture with 1 tablespoon of each of the grated cheeses.
- 7The eggs will coagulate as they blend with the hot pasta so work quickly.
- 8Stir until all pasta is coated with the thick yellow cream.
- 9Stir in the remainder of the cheese and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Alla Carbonara (Charcoal-Maker's Spaghetti)
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.2
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 386.2 mg
- Sodium 1043.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 39.9 g