Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one of Angelo's dishes. Note that the cooked pasta needs to be added immediately to the raw egg mixture in order to cook the egg.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until lightly browned, for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the cream until blended.
- Stir in half a cup of parmigiano cheese and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the bowl with the egg and cream mixture.
- Toss together.
- Add the pancetta and drippings and toss again to coat well.
- Serve immediately.
fried a little bacon - chopped - in a non-stick wok....removed the browned bacon and poured off most of the bacon fat. added a chopped garlic clove and some green onion chopped to the remaining grease and softened by heating....added the drained pasta to the wok and the bacon bits...poured the egg/cream/cheese mixture on top of the pasta, stirred and re-heated until i was sure the eggs had cooked...plated and added additional cheese....i think that next time i prepare that iam going to increase the cream amount by 1.5....for me, my first result was a little dry.....great recipe.
Loved it!!! Yummo! My thighs are cursing me at this moment but it was worth every creamy mouthful!!!