Recipe by mermaidmagic
Another one of Angelo's dishes. Note that the cooked pasta needs to be added immediately to the raw egg mixture in order to cook the egg.
Top Review by zaksdad
fried a little bacon - chopped - in a non-stick wok....removed the browned bacon and poured off most of the bacon fat. added a chopped garlic clove and some green onion chopped to the remaining grease and softened by heating....added the drained pasta to the wok and the bacon bits...poured the egg/cream/cheese mixture on top of the pasta, stirred and re-heated until i was sure the eggs had cooked...plated and added additional cheese....i think that next time i prepare that iam going to increase the cream amount by 1.5....for me, my first result was a little dry.....great recipe.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until lightly browned, for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the cream until blended.
- Stir in half a cup of parmigiano cheese and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the bowl with the egg and cream mixture.
- Toss together.
- Add the pancetta and drippings and toss again to coat well.
- Serve immediately.