"Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina's Note:
A rich, satisfying pasta dish that is cheap, nourishing, and pleasing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the spaghetti in salted boiling water.
- 2Use at least 1/2 a gallon of water.
- 3Cook the bacon pieces over medium low heat until most of the fat is rendered out, and bacon is slightly crispy.
- 4Do NOT drain.
- 5Add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using, and saute until garlic is barely browned.
- 6Beat the eggs, black pepper, and the cheese together in a bowl.
- 7Toss the cooked spaghetti in the pan with the oil, bacon, and garlic mixture, add the egg mixture and either turn off the heat, or cook over very low heat while stirring constantly, you want the eggs to get creamy, not scrambled.
- 8Serve with more grated parmigiano, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.0
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 204.0 mg
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g