Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich, satisfying pasta dish that is cheap, nourishing, and pleasing.
Make and share this Spaghetti Alla Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- Boil the spaghetti in salted boiling water.
- Use at least 1/2 a gallon of water.
- Cook the bacon pieces over medium low heat until most of the fat is rendered out, and bacon is slightly crispy.
- Do NOT drain.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using, and saute until garlic is barely browned.
- Beat the eggs, black pepper, and the cheese together in a bowl.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti in the pan with the oil, bacon, and garlic mixture, add the egg mixture and either turn off the heat, or cook over very low heat while stirring constantly, you want the eggs to get creamy, not scrambled.
- Serve with more grated parmigiano, if desired.
I gave this 4 stars. My family liked but I loved it. This kinda reminds me of spaghetti with butter, salt & pepper. The copy I got came from Food Tv $40. a day. It's a little different. No minced garlic or red pepper. Spaghetti is 1 pound, 3 slices pancetta, 3 Tsp olive oil, 1 Tsp black pepper, 4 eggs, 3 Tsp pecorino romano + extra for serving, 2 Tsp cream (opt). The directions are about the same. The cream is to be added to the eggs. I think this needs more cream as it was a bit dry for my taste. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
This was delicious....so easy to prepare, but tasted as if a lot more effort went into it. I probably shouldn't have it as often as I'd like to, but once in awhile you gotta indulge!
Oh this was carb-addicts heaven! I have made it before with cream and butter, but never with the bacon fat and olive oil...I will never go back! Thanks so much for posting such a hip-defying recipe!