Recipe by ToriS
Great pasta dish.
Top Review by laura.scrimgeour
Excellent recipe! To all those who had a "curdy" or "scrambled egg" sauce, you just cooked the sauce too long. I noticed the egg hardening in mine too and took it straight off the stove just in time. It was still delicious. Thanks for sharing!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon or 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (1/2 cup when grated)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion and bacon for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and stir it into the cream mixture.
- Stir the cream mixture into onion and bacon and cook over low heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly until heated through.
- Season to taste.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and put into a large serving bowl.
- Pour on the sauce and toss to coat.