Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great pasta dish.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon or 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (1/2 cup when grated)
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion and bacon for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, then stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and stir it into the cream mixture.
- Stir the cream mixture into onion and bacon and cook over low heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly until heated through.
- Season to taste.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and put into a large serving bowl.
- Pour on the sauce and toss to coat.
Excellent recipe! To all those who had a "curdy" or "scrambled egg" sauce, you just cooked the sauce too long. I noticed the egg hardening in mine too and took it straight off the stove just in time. It was still delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Probably my all time favourite pasta, and this is a great, easy to follow recipe. Don't overheat, the sauce, the egg will set, the idea is just to warm it.
Tasty. I added a dab of our cream and some red pepper flakes.