- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 7 ounces heavy cream (with a pinch of cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 ounces pancetta or 1 3⁄4 ounces lean bacon, diced
- 1 tiny onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and bacon in a pan with oil and butter. Continue to cook until meat is crisp.
- Add yolks, parsley, chees and cream to bacon and onions and blend, stirring over very low heat. Keep warm.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- Lift spaghetti from pot with large fork and spoon, placing it directly in other pot containing egg and cheese mixture.
- Mix well and serve immediately.