Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very authentic rendition of this marvelous dish.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2⁄3 lb pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch long strips
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Remove and discard garlic.
- Add pancetta strips and cook until edges are crisp, 5-6 minutes. Add wine and simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook aldente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cheeses, parsley, and eggs. Slowly drizzle in reserved pasta water while whisking constantly. Add spaghetti, along with reserved pancetta mixture. Season with salt and a generous amount of pepper. Toss to combine.