Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A Roman dish made with Pecorino Romano, pancetta, and eggs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shredded pecorino romano cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter; add in pancetta; stir/saute until golden.
- Transfer pancetta using a slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, ¼ cup cheese, and pepper in a large serving bowl; add hot pasta; toss; **note-the pasta should be added immediately after draining; the heat from the pasta will cook the eggs enough to prevent disease.
- Sprinkle the pancetta on top along with the remaining cheese.