Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from an italian cookbook that i won at a social about 10 years ago. It's one of the easier recipes in the book. Very tasty.
- 250 g spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta (cut into thin strips) or 4 ounces bacon (cut into thin strips)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, put butter and olive oil in small skillet over medium high heat.
- When butter has melted, add the pancetta (i prefer to use bacon) and cook until it is well browned but not crisp.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking until it has been reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl (large enough to hold the pasta) lightly beat egg yolks with the grated cheese, parsley, pinch of salt, and a generous amount of fresh black pepper.
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and add to the mixing bowl containing egg yolks and cheese.
- Toss until pasta is coated, then add the hot pancetta mixture.
- Toss again then serve at once.
Very easy and tasty recipe. I love using pancetta, because the saltiness adds so much flavor to the dish. I like a bit more substance in my carbonara, so, I did add peas, more Parmesan, and a few tbles of heavy cream. I will make it again, without the peas and cream.
I was a little skeptical at first but after cooking this dish it was AMAZING. My fiance and I loved every bite. It was super easy to make for someone who is still a beginner in the kitchen. I would highly recommend this!
Another delicious PAC pick! My husband has always loved this dish and I had forgotten about it. I liked the addition of white wine and I added some minced green pepper. My husband enjoyed it very much with garlic bread. Thanks Sheri77! Roxygirl