Recipe by FeelinYummy
A simple, fast and delicious recipe from David Rocco. Great in the summer when tomatoes are in season.
Top Review by Boomette
This is a great recipe. It tastes so fresh. But something was missing. Maybe a little bit of finely chopped garlic would be a great addition. Thanks FeelinYummy :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 4 leaves fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until al dente, about 6 minutes. While the spaghetti is cooking, begin to make the sauce.
- Mix the tomatoes and mozzarella in a large bowl.
- Add the best available extra-virgin olive oil, oregano, basil leaves, and salt, to taste.
- When the spaghetti is ready, remove it from the water and add it to the bowl with approximately 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Mix well, and serve immediately.