1/2 Photos of Spaghetti-Alfredo Pasta Sauce
Chef Sel's Note:
I discovered this recipe once by accident when I mixed my alfredo sauce with spaghetti sauce during lunch at school..And it turned out to be amazing and simple at the same time! (This is definitely a great recipe for beginners.) The sauce is a little sweet, creamy, and delicious all at once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can roasted red pepper alfredo sauce (Classico Brand, 1 can, 15 oz)
- 1 (26 ounce) can chunky garden vegetable spaghetti sauce (Ragu Brand, 1 can, 1 lb 10 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) boxes penne pasta (I use Ronzoni's Smart Taste penne, it is high in fiber and calcium. However, you can use whichever b)
- salt and pepper
- 1Follow directions on box to make pasta noodles.
- 2(You can use any kind of pasta noodles you want, such as shells or spirals, but I use penne because I think the sauce sticks well to the penne pasta.).
- 3As for the pasta sauce --
- 4Turn stove on to medium heat and add oil in a medium-sized pot.
- 5Once the oil is hot, saute the minced garlic until light brown.
- 6Once the garlic is light brown, pour Ragu spaghetti sauce and Classico alfredo sauce into the pot.
- 7Stir the sauces together to make a beautiful orange colored sauce.
- 8Turn heat up to medium-high until the sauce boils.
- 9Turn heat back down to medium and add salt and pepper to taste. (I usually do not add very much, just a few pinches of each.)
- 10(Optional!) Add crushed red pepper to add a spicy kick to the sauce. If you want you can add more or less, it is really up to you!
- 11Serve pasta noodles on plates and pour sauce over each serving. (I would not recommend mixing the pasta into the sauce until it is ready to serve because the noodles will get soggy.).
- 12Enjoy! =O.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti-Alfredo Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 131.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red pepper alfredo sauce
garden vegetable spaghetti sauce