Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Originally my mother's recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (if you must)
- spaghetti noodles (I like the thin ones)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- Sauté all the vegetables in olive oil and then set aside.
- Cook ground beef, onions and crushed garlic cloves in large pan. Drain fat. Add vegetables and let simmer for a few moments. Transfer all ingredients to a 3-quart cooker.
- Over low heat, add all spices, tomato sauce and paste. Crush the whole tomatoes in your hand and add to pot along with the juice. Add bay leaves and let simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Pour over your pasta and enjoy with garlic bread.
This spaghetti sauce was great. I loved how the veggies had cooked down and added so much flavor to the sauce. Everyone agreed it was a five star recipe. thanks for posting, Chef Stephen.