Recipe by Annas_Mom_Erin
A delicious fishy Italian recipe for spaghetti with tuna sauce. Only for seafood lovers.
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in vegetable oil
- 3 ounces baby shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup hot chicken broth or 1 cup fish stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon parsley
- to taste ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti the way you like it or according to package directions.
- Heat the 2 tbs. olive oil over medium heat. Add the can of tuna NOT DRAINED OF ITS OIL and break up into very small pieces. After cooking 5 minutes add the shrimp if you wish and cook another 5 minutes. If not using shrimp cook tuna about 10 minutes.
- Add the hot broth, pepper, and basil or parsley. Bring mixture to a slow bubble.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the sauce. Return to a simmer and simmer untill thickened about 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce over the hot cooked pasta with garlic bread, if you wish.