Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- white pepper
- In a large pan melt butter to low flame, add lemon juice.
- Bring to slow boil and add cream. Simmer for few minutes, add salt and pepper.
- Cook spaghetti "al Dente" in salty water. Place spaghetti in same pan with lemon.
- Sauce toss everything, finish with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Serve in warm plates.
This was wonderful! I didn't have fresh lemon juice so used 2 tbsp. bottled and it was still wonderful. I served it with salmon and it was perfect. Thanks for a new way to cook pasta.
We really liked this dish alot, only next time I make it I might double the sauce just because there wasn't enough for the pasta for me. But it was a great dinner thanks!
What a wonderful fresh pasta dish! I made the sauce as written this first time. I can see there is a lot of room for additions to the sauce and the pasta. Coming to mind are bits of smoked salmon, grav lax, parsley and garlic. As always (or very often) I halved the amount of pasta because I like lots of sauce. I used a medium size lemon and served this dish with a slice of grilled salmon and mixed in some thinly sliced zucchini at the last minutes of cooking the pasta. Thanks for a delicious meal Mimi!