Recipe by susan_k09
There was great little Italian restaurant in my neighborhood. They used to send out a newsletter with recipes, and this is one of my favorite dishes from this restaurant. This is best served immediately. Cooking times are estimated, as I usually go to the restaurant and order it rather than cooking it myself! Unfortunately, the restaurant closed suddenly, so glad I have this recipe!
Top Review by Phoenix Food Queen
This is the second time I have made this recipe and can't believe I haven't posted a review earlier. This is so easy to make and tasty! I will say this, squeeze real lemons and real lemon zest. Makes a world of difference in the flavor. I tried with bottled lemon juice (the little squeeze lemons) and then this time fresh, fresh wins hands down. I also threw some chicken breasts on my George Foreman grill and Oila! a PERFECT meal.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, begin to cook the spaghetti.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain, shaking well to remove all water.
- Add pasta to the melted butter, then add cream, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and allow cream to reduce about two minutes.
- Add cheese and toss gently to mix.
- Serve immediately.