Aunty Dotty's Note:
This sounds so good! Posting here to keep safe until I have some good seafood on hand. From Terry Durack, who also suggests turning it Asian by subbing hokkien or udon noodles for the spag, and instead of the tomato sauce a quick stir fry of garlic, chili and ginger, with a dash each of fish sauce, white wine and sweet chili. Mix with the seafood, put in the bag and bake 15 mins. So there's 2 recipes : )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried chili
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 10 small black olives
- 6 -8 prawns, medium green
- 220 g dried spaghetti
- 300 g clams, rinsed and in their shells (vongole)
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 1Heat oven to 200°C.
- 2To make the bags, take two 50cm square sheets of foil, lay a same size square of baking paper over each one and fold in half. Scrunch up the sides to form an open pouch, brush the insides with a little oil.
- 3Heat the rest of the oil in a pan and fry the garlic for 1 minute on medium.
- 4Add tomatoes, wine oregano, chili, sugar, anchovies, capers and olives and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- 5Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water until only just al dente.
- 6Drain, toss with the sauce, and divide between the 2 bags. Add the prawns and clams and fold and scrunch the tops to make a tight seal.
- 7Put them on a tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- 8To serve, tip the bag contents onto a plate and scatter with the parsley and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Al Cartoccio - (Spag Cooked in a Bag)
Serving Size: 1 (557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 1288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
capers packed in salt