Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Hearty & Rustic Italian Pasta Dish... Always reminds me of Christmas Eve as growing up we did the traditional Italian "Feast of the Seven Fishes" NO MEAT Family Holiday Dinner. This was always a staple at that meal at my Grandparents House. This is also a quick recipe for a Friday during Lent. It goes great served with a Ceasar Salad & Garlic Bread!
- 2⁄3 lb spaghetti
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic (refrigerated jar of chopped garlic)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta.
- Meanwhile, saute' garlic, oil, & garlic powder in saucepan over low-medium heat (must not burn the garlic or it is ruined as the taste goes bad & you have to start from scratch).
- Set aside 4-5 anchovies and cut them into small pieces, reserve those for last step.
- Take remaining anchovies in can & add them to garlic & oil saute' and break them into pieces as you stir them into pan. Stir frequently. Add dash of salt to taste.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain. Put into large pasta bowl. Add oil/garlic/anchovy mix as well as reserved anchovy pieces. Toss together & serve immediately.