Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Hearty & Rustic Italian Pasta Dish... Always reminds me of Christmas Eve as growing up we did the traditional Italian "Feast of the Seven Fishes" NO MEAT Family Holiday Dinner. This was always a staple at that meal at my Grandparents House. This is also a quick recipe for a Friday during Lent. It goes great served with a Ceasar Salad & Garlic Bread!
- 2⁄3 lb spaghetti
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic (refrigerated jar of chopped garlic)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Boil water for pasta.
- Meanwhile, saute' garlic, oil, & garlic powder in saucepan over low-medium heat (must not burn the garlic or it is ruined as the taste goes bad & you have to start from scratch).
- Set aside 4-5 anchovies and cut them into small pieces, reserve those for last step.
- Take remaining anchovies in can & add them to garlic & oil saute' and break them into pieces as you stir them into pan. Stir frequently. Add dash of salt to taste.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain. Put into large pasta bowl. Add oil/garlic/anchovy mix as well as reserved anchovy pieces. Toss together & serve immediately.
Made this dish according to the recipe and loved it! Then I got creative and added shrimp - WOW. Thanks, blondie.
Excellent! My Mother in law and sister in law always made this, but could never give me a definitive recipe. Now I can make this too! Thanks
Really good! Excellent! I've never had anything like this before. I have made spaghetti with butter and parmesan in it, this is soooo much better! Thank you!