1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Aglio Olio With Spicy Shrimp
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil was, by far, my Italian grandfather's favorite dish and I ALWAYS think of him whenever I make it! For those of you with anchovy phobia, this dish works great with or without them. I've made it both ways. Be sure to adjust your salt accordingly if using the anchovies, because they add a lot of saltiness on their own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente (about 7 minutes?).
- 2While pasta cooks, toss shrimp with lemon juice, parsley, pepper flakes, garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- 3Heat large skillet over medium hight heat, add shrimp, oil and spices and cook about 3 minutes or until its pink and slightly firm.
- 4Remove shrimp from pan and set aside, covered, to keep warm.
- 5At this point, you may pull out the whole, crushed cloves.
- 6I usually leave them.
- 7Lower heat to medium low and add the 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 8Next, add anchovies, garlic and red pepper to oil.
- 9Be sure to break up the anchovies in the pan until they melt into the oil and garlic.
- 10Drain pasta and toss it in large bowl with garlic and olive oil mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and top with the shrimp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Aglio Olio With Spicy Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1284.7
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 354.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 76.7 g