Recipe by NELady
This recipe is from Pasta Cooking by Jeni Wright, c. 2002. The cook's tips (from the book) are as follows: 1) Since the oil is such an important ingredient here, only use the very best cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, 2) Don't use salt in the oil and garlic mixture because it will not dissolve sufficiently. This is why plenty of salt is recommended for cooking the pasta.
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 dried red chili
- fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding plenty of salt to the water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil very gently in a small frying pan or saucepan. Add the crushed garlic and whole dried chile and stir over low heat until the garlic is just beginning to brown. Remove the chile and discard.
- Drain the pasta and turn it into a warmed large bowl. Pour on the oil and garlic mixture, add the parsely and toss vigorously until the pasta glistens. Serve immediately.