This is Rachel Ray"s Recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pancetta
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 large egg yolks
- pasta cooking water (a ladle full)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated romano cheese
- finely chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 1Cook Spaghetti to al Dente Stage in liberally salted water.
- 2Brown pancette in olive oil in skillet. add garlic for 1-2 minutes, add wine and scrape up all the brown bits (deglaze).
- 3In separate bowl beat eggs & add ladle of Pasta water to temper.
- 4Drain Pasta.
- 5Add to skillet with oil & pancetta.
- 6Pour egg mixture over pasta.
- 7Toss rapidly to coat without cooking eggs.
- 8Remove pan from heat add a big handful of cheese lots of Pepper and salt to taste.
- 9Continue to toss and turn pasta until it absorbs egg mixture and thickens (1 - 2 Min).
- 10Garnish with Romano and Parsley.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti a La Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: