Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is Rachel Ray"s Recipe
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pancetta
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 large egg yolks
- pasta cooking water (a ladle full)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of freshly grated romano cheese
- finely chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Cook Spaghetti to al Dente Stage in liberally salted water.
- Brown pancette in olive oil in skillet. add garlic for 1-2 minutes, add wine and scrape up all the brown bits (deglaze).
- In separate bowl beat eggs & add ladle of Pasta water to temper.
- Drain Pasta.
- Add to skillet with oil & pancetta.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta.
- Toss rapidly to coat without cooking eggs.
- Remove pan from heat add a big handful of cheese lots of Pepper and salt to taste.
- Continue to toss and turn pasta until it absorbs egg mixture and thickens (1 - 2 Min).
- Garnish with Romano and Parsley.
This is like I used to prepare in Italy. a great receipe.
The directions leave out what you are to do with the wine and garlic cloves. I think it would turn out better if it was more specific. Anna Sparks--Spring Hill, Kansas