Recipe by Mama Tromp
This is a simple recipe that tastes just like home. It's a nice inexpensive way to make it, instead of buying a 3 dollar jar of sauce and having to add flavor to it...
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written but we thought it was really thin and needed more spices. I added another can of tomato paste and onion and garlic powder. I then had to add a good bit of sugar. This made it better but it was still thin.
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 links mild Italian sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 5 (6 ounce) cans water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 -5 baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown beef and sausage (squeezed out of it's casing). Drain fat.
- Add tomato paste, and fill the can with water 5 times, adding to paste. Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and a pinch of sugar. Drop in the baby carrots (these are only added to absorb the acidic flavor of the sauce and mellow it out).
- Sauce will be watery at first, and will thicken over time. It can be cooked fast over high heat, or slow simmered over low heat for several hours.
- Before serving, remove the baby carrots.
- Cook spaghetti noodles to package directions and drain. Serve spaghetti sauce over bed of noodles.