Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 32 ounces Contadina tomato sauce
- 28 ounces Contadina diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces Contadina tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- When onion is transparent, add sausage and brown.
- When sausage is browned, remove from heat and add to large stock pot.
- Add green peppers and mushrooms to frying pan and saute until soft. Add to stock pot.
- Add tomato products to stock pot and stir well. Adjust heat to medium-high.
- Add spices and stir to combine.
- When the mixture boils, reduce heat to low and simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes.