- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chili flakes and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Toss the pasta with the olive oil mixture adding 2 tablespoons or more (as needed) of the reserved cooking water Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the pasta with the parsley and grated cheese and serve immediately.