1/2 Photos of Spaetzle with Browned Butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and nutmeg.
- 2Add the eggs and milk; stir until thoroughly combined.
- 3Let dough rest about 15 minutes before cooking.
- 4Heat a large pot of lightly salted water until boiling.
- 5Using a spaetzle machine Add the spaetzle and cook until done, about 4- 5 minutes.
- 6The dumplings will float when done.
- 7Drain well.
- 8In a saute pan heat butterand saute until butter has turned brown.
- 9Place the spaetzle in a serving dish and pour the butter on top.
- 10Season with salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaetzle with Browned Butter
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.2
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 359.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g