Top Review by Nunzio's Daughter
Flavor and Texture perfect. I omitted the nutmeg just because we are not fond of it. Added lots of onions to the butter for a boost of flavor. Very close to what we had in Austria.
- 591.47 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter
- additional salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the eggs and milk; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let dough rest about 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large pot of lightly salted water until boiling.
- Using a spaetzle machine Add the spaetzle and cook until done, about 4- 5 minutes.
- The dumplings will float when done.
- Drain well.
- In a saute pan heat butterand saute until butter has turned brown.
- Place the spaetzle in a serving dish and pour the butter on top.
- Season with salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.