Spaetzle (Tiny Dumplings)
- Combine the flour, 1/2 the salt, and the nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the flour mixture.
- Add the milk in a thin stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and continue to stir until the batter is smooth.
- Bring 2 quarts (2 L) of water with the remaining salt to a boil in a 4 to 5 quart (4-5 L) saucepan over high heat.
- Place a large colander (with large holes) over the saucepan and press a few tablespoons of batter at a time through the holes with a spoon or rubber spatula.