- Sift flour, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Pour eggs and 1/4 cup water into middle of flour mixture, beat with a wooden spoon.
- Add enough water to make the dough slightly sticky, yet keeping it elastic and stiff.
- Using a spätzle machine or a colander with medium holes, press the noodles into a large pot full of boiling salted water.
- Cook noodles in the water about 5 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
- Lift noodles out and drain on paper towels.
- Brown noodles in melted butter over low heat.