1/1 Photo of Spaetzle in Herbed Tomato Cream Sauce
From the BettyCrocker.com website, for ZWT 6. You know, I've seen several Speatzle recipes and not one of them came with a sauce. I might try this after ZWR is over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olives or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 roma, tomatoes, cut into fourths and sliced (plum, 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked spaetzle noodles (4 cups)
- 1Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook tomatoes and garlic in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are tender; reduce heat to low.
- 2Stir in chives, basil, sour cream and mayonnaise. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is hot.
- 3Meanwhile, heat spaetzle as directed on package. Add hot spaetzle to skillet; toss to coat with sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaetzle in Herbed Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: