Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, lukewarm
- 1 pinch marjoram (spice)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 -4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 quarts boiling water, salted
- Place flour and salt in mixing bowl, add eggs and beat with a large spoon.
- Add water, as needed, mixture should be stiff.
- (beat from bottom to top to put air in dough) season with marjoram and let rest.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, reduce the heat, and maintain a simmer. Place a colander over the pan, pour about 1/4 of the batter into the colander, and press through the holes with a plastic spatula into the hot water.
- When the spaetzle starts to float to float to the surface, cover the pan and keep covered until the spaetzle appears to swell and is fluffy. Remove the dumplings and repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.