Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 onions, sliced in small rings
- 3 ounces grated emmenthaler cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups spaetzle noodles
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Heat butter in frypan, add onions, and brown lightly.
- Toss cheese with dry mustard.
- Add cooked noodles to cooked onions and cheese; mix well.
- Place mixture in an ovenproof casserole.
- Bake at 300°F.
- For 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with chopped chives before serving.
Oh, yummmmmm Mimi! I didn't think it was possible to make your plain spaetzle #53605 any better (sort of gilding the lily, you know?), but I was wrong. Sensational! By the way, I'm now addicted to your spaetzle. Need a fix every 2-3 weeks.