Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I serve these with sauerkraut and weisswurst or beef stroganoff.
Make and share this Spaetzle recipe from Food.com.
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add oil and bring to the boil.
- Sift the flour and salt and make a well in the centre.
- Beat the eggs, and water together adding to the flour and beat until you have a smooth mixture.
- The dough is then pushed through a spaetzle press into the boiling water. I don't have a spaetzle press but use a potato ricer with a large holed disc and swirl it over the pan of water. This works better than if you hold the ricer still.
- The spaetzle float to the top when cooked, lift out and drain before placing into a warmed dish.
- Melt the butter and pour over the spaetzle.