Recipe by Corrinne J
A traditional German side dish, this recipe has a unique twist of the goat cheese! It's a great way to celebrate Octoberfest!
- 2 ea. eggs
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 226.79 g all-purpose flour
- 1 chavrie goat cheese (5.3 oz. pyramid)
- 56.69 g butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and parsley. Mix well.
- Work in the flour and Chavrie® by hand to form a smooth consistency.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Using a spaetzle press drop dough in boiling water.
- When spaetzle float they are cooked.
- Remove spaetzle with a spider and shock them in cold water.
- When chilled drain well.
- To serve spaetzle sauté in butter.
- Serving Suggestion:.
- Serve spaetzle as a soup garnish heat in the microwave there is no need to sauté.