An Austrian exchange student gave us this recipe--we had to convert it from metric!
Make and share this Spaetzle recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all ingredients together, let rest for 15 minutes.
- Should be a a little thicker than pancake batter, but not too doughy.
- Add milk to thin, if necessary.
- Add to boiling water using a ricer, large holed colander, or spaetzle lid. Spray the appliance with Pam beforehand!
- When the spaetzle float, they are ready to come out of the water. They cook very fast.
- Spaetzle can be enjoyed plain, with butter and salt, or sautéed with onions. However you like your pasta, you will like your spaetzle.
Fabulous!!! :) This is the recipe I remember from my childhood! My mother is German and, sadly, is unable to cook or remember her recipe anymore. I had to add more milk to get the consistency in line with the dough description in the directions, but it turned out perfect!! Thank you so very, very much for posting!!! You have helped me re-create a special meal from my childhood for my own family. Many thanks Maxine.