1/2 Photos of Spaetzle
A German style noodle or dumpling- great in Turkey soup, or tossed in butter and breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- 2Whisk together milk and eggs, then combine with flour & salt until you have a sticky, thick batter. If the mixture is still to dry, you can add up to 1/4 c extra milk.
- 3Extrude the batter through a spaetzle maker into boiling salted water. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all the spaetzle floats.
- 4Drain and serve tossed in bread crumbs (optional).
- 5For breadcrumbs- melt butter in a small skillet or fry pan and add bread crums, stir occasionally until crumbs are browned and smell toasty.
- 6Soup version- extrude spaetzle directly into boiling soup.
Nutritional Facts for Spaetzle
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 426.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.4 g