Recipe by YaYa
We love spaetzle! Kind of like a pasta similar to Gnocchi. We serve spaetzle with lots of real butter and I love to add just a shake of garlic powder, just enough for a very subtle garlic flavor. You can also add a little finely chopped parsley to the dough.
Top Review by Jules127
I got a spaetzle maker recently and was excited to make these and they didn't disappoint!! I made these to serve along side Recipe #100005. They were so good with the extra sauce I made for these to catch! It is nice to have a new fantastic new side dish rather than the usual potatoes, rice, pasta.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Pour eggs and 1/4 cup water into middle of flour mixture,.
- beat with a wooden spoon. Add enough water to make the.
- dough slightly sticky, yet keeping it elastic and stiff.
- Using a spaetzle machine or a colander with medium holes,.
- press the noodles into a large pot full of boiling salted water.
- Cook noodles in the water about 5 minutes or until they rise to the surface.
- Lift noodles out and drain on paper towels. Brown noodles in melted butter over low heat.