- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together eggs and water.
- Beat egg mixture with flour mixture until batter is elastic.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Reduce water to simmer.
- Plop spoonfuls of dough into simmering water.
- When they rise to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon and put aside.
- When all of the spaetzel are cooked, melt butter in frying pan.
- Saute onion in butter for a few minutes.
- Add spaetzels and saute for 5-10 minutes.