Top Review by Lori Mama
Very easy and quick. I added salt and pepper to the mix and cooked them in water. Since I have a spaetzel gizmo, I used that. I like the idea of the broth and will do that next time. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Get a pot of water or broth going at a high boil.
- Mix the milk, flour, and eggs in a bowl. (The resulting batter should be a little thicker than Duncan Hines cake mix; a tiny bit stiff, but definitely not "dough".).
- With a spoon, drop small blobs of batter into the boiling water, and let boil for about 20 minutes. (Be advised that you need to keep the water/broth at a high boil for this to work. The surfaces of the blobs really need to cook as soon as they hit the water. then they magically don't stick together. Also, be advised that the blobs will expand as they cook, so try not to make them very large. One way or another, you'll probably have to chop them up with a spatula when you're done anyway.).
- When Spaetzel is done remove it from the broth.
- Drop into Chicken Paprikash when it's done.