Recipe by BaybeShell
Well, I saw a new Taco Bell commercial that was advertising the new Crunchwrap Supreme. I thought it looked good, but I'm sure I can cook better than they can ;) So here goes. I don't know how much like theirs this is, but mine is definitely yummy. They look like little spaceships to me while I was making them so they were renamed. I believe Taco Bell uses nacho cheese sauce instead of shredded cheese. This recipe has passed the kid test.
Top Review by Karabea
Yum yum yum!! I adjusted this recipe a little to fit my likings. First of all, I used seasoned taco beef. I microwaved the tortillas to make them bendable. I put a layer of shredded cheese, a layer of beef and some more cheese, then I put a crunchy tostada on top. I topped that with a layer of refried beans and some more cheese. I then folded the tortilla around and used refried beans as an adhesive to keep it folded together. I then toasted this in a skillet for about 3-5 mins per side, similar to how you would a grilled cheese. I served this with some taco sauce to dip in. Delicious! I will definitely make again, thanks!
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground turkey in heated olive oil. Follow directions on taco seasoning package to season meat (usually about 3/4 cup of water and package of seasoning).
- Place corn tortillas in oven on broil to make crisp. You will have to watch them carefully and make sure to turn them over once so that they are crispy all the way through.
- Lay all of the flour tortillas out flat and divide the meat mixture among them evenly. Make sure to get the meat in the CENTER of the tortillas.
- Place a corn tortilla on top of seasoned meat.
- Place lettuce, tomato, and cheese on top. Carefully fold flour tortilla up around the corn tortilla.
- Place each spaceship on a grill just to brown the flour tortilla.
- You should flip and grill the other side if the flour tortilla overlaps in the center. If not, place in a saucer with the grilled side up. Place in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- (You can serve sour cream on top or even inside the wrap. Your choice. You can also use beef instead of turkey.).