Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe by Stanley Burroughs, creator of the Master Cleanser Diet.
- 1 cup water, freshly boiled (or enough to fill your teacup or mug)
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, freshly squeezed
- cayenne pepper
- Stir ingredients together in your mug or cup.
- Be careful with the cayenne: a little goes a long way.
Are you sad? Are you limbs achy? Is your hair dry? Can you not run a 3 minute mile? Can't concentrate while playing pinochle? Do you have trouble knitting, juggling or tap dancing? Do you sometimes think about cookies and cakes? If so, then yes, I would agree that you are clearly in need of detox tea.
Well I don't know how well this detoxifies but I do know that it's delicious. I used just a tiny pinch of cayenne and otherwise prepared the tea as directed. Made to Best of 2010 Tag.
Thank you for sharing your recipe Impera_Magna. It was quick and easy to make, with ingredients that are always on hand. I added a large pinch of cayenne and used honey instead of maple syrup, as I was out. It worked well in this tasty tea.