Recipe by Impera_Magna
Recipe from Richard Glennie, Executive Chef at the OneSpa's Santini, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1 (180 g) skinless salmon fillets (approx 180g, skin off)
- 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 3 -4 lemon slices
- 1 bunch fines herbes (or herbs of your choice)
- 5 -6 peppercorns (or to taste)
- star anise, to taste
For stir fry
- 1 pak choi, shredded
- 1⁄4 red pepper, sliced
- 30 g bean sprouts
- 20 g red onions, sliced
- 20 g mange-touts peas (sugar snap peas)
- 1 fresh red chile, sliced and with no seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, stir bouillon cube into water; add lemon slices, fines herbs, peppercorns, and star anise; bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer.
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and poach the fillet in the vegetable stock for approximately seven minutes.
- Pour the sesame oil into a hot pan and quickly fry the pak choi, peppers, onion, mange tout and chili.
- Add the bean sprouts and the soy sauce to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Place contents of the pan in the centre of a warm plate and top with the poached salmon.
- Drizzle any excess dressing around and serve.