Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from the Rio Caliente Hot Springs Health Spa in the Sierra Madre mountains near Guadalajara, Mexico.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (any cold-pressed vegetable oil)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- soy sauce
- Brown the rice, celery, green onions and garlic in the oil.
- When vegetables are tender, add water and orange juice; cover.
- Cook 40 minutes, covered, over low flame.
- Let stand for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with soy sauce before serving.