Recipe by Impera_Magna
Recipe from the Rio Caliente Hot Springs Health Spa in the Sierra Madre mountains near Guadalajara, Mexico.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or any cold-pressed vegetable oil)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- soy sauce
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced & steamed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh celery, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown rice briefly in the oil until brown.
- In a blender, combine the onion, garlic, ginger and soy sauce and blend until liquid.
- To the rice, add the water, the contents of the blender, and cook covered 30 minutes over a low flame.
- After 30 minutes add the carrots and celery.
- Cook 10 minutes more, covered.
- Let stand five minutes before serving.