Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A flavorful potato side that will accompany any Italian meal perfectly. It's made up of two Simply Potatoes potato product which are brought together by a creamy melted piece of mozzarella cheese stuffed in the middle.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes (zesty garlic diced russets)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Take the Zesty Garlic Diced Russets and steam them twice as long as directed on bag. Pour in bowl and mash together with one egg.
- Then pour Shredded hash browns on cutting board and roughly chop up.
- Dice up Mozzarella in 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces.
- Separate mashed Zesty Garlic potatoes into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Take the potato balls press down in the middle creating a spot for the cheese and then insert cheese and fold potato over cheese. Then flatten into a patty.
- Place flour into clean bowl and in separate bowl whisk together remaining eggs.
- Then place potato patties in flour, coat evenly, then place in egg, coat equally, and finally place patty in shredded potato that you chopped earlier. Press patty firmly down in shredded potato to generously coat both sides with shredded potato.
- In shallow pan, heat canola oil up to medium-high heat. Place patties in oil and brown on eat each side. Once brown take out and place on paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- To ensure extra creamy melted cheese, place all browned patties in pre-heated 325 F oven for 8 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy!