Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Homemade soymilk recipe
- Place soybeans in a large bowl cover with water and soak a minimum of 8 hours. Add water if it drops as beans rehydrate to keep the beans submersed.
- Drain soybeans.
- Place the soybeans in a blender with 3 cups of water and blend until frothy. Pour mixture through a fine mesh bag or strainer into a large pot.
- Place soybean pulp back into blender with 3 more cups of water and blend and strain into pot. Repeat with the remaining 2 cups of water and soybean pulp.
- Heat the large pot of soymilk over high heat. Bring to a boil amd skim any foam off the top. Stir so the soymilk doesnt burn or stick to the bottom.
- You may add sweetener or flavorings once the soy milk comes to a boil. You may also leave it unflavored and use the soymilk to make tofu.