Recipe by MooseCall
Soybeans are the poor men's steak, so my mother says. But this recipe tastes so good that you won't believe it's good for you. I guess this is what you'd call the Chinese version of spaghetti sauce.
Top Review by el.springer
This sounds really good, but the calories and the overall nutritional content seems way out of line for these ingredients! Did you compute these numbers for the whole "Big Pot"? Most people would like to see a portion counter.
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced up fine
- 1 cup cooked soybeans (soak them over night, and cook them boiling water for 10 min)
- 1 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- black pepper
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the pan, add oil.
- Saute onion until you can smell the onion.
- Add the celery and mushroom.
- Saute all for about 2 more min.
- Add the soybeans and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and pepper.
- Pour the yummy sauce over the frying pan.
- Cook until the veggies are tender.
- Serve over lo-mein or rice.