21 hrs 30 mins
Chef #420857's Note:
This recipe came from a Ukrainian Cook Book. My son who is a vegetarian loved it You may also make soy balls instead of patties for a variety. I added more bread crumbs than the recipe called for. I added crumbs till the mixture no longer felt sticky. I used my blender to mash the beans. You can serve these patties without the mushroom gravy accompanied on a bun. I doubled the recipe. I made 12 good size soy patties. I'm going to make it again and next I'll try adding grated carrot, and oatmeal. I'll let you know how it turns out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak soybeans over night; change water.
- 2Cook soybeans until tender the following day.
- 3Mash cooked beans.
- 4Sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon oil.
- 5Add onion to the beans.
- 6Add beaten eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste; mix well together.
- 7Form into small patties or balls and place in pan; brown on both sides.
- 8You can now serve your patties as is or you can put in a casserole.
- 9In a pan, in 1 tablespoon oil.
- 10Partly fry a medium chopped onion.
- 11Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté.
- 12Add flour; stir and add milk.
- 13Mix and bring to a boil, stirring until smooth.
- 14Pour over patties, or soyballs.
- 15Cover and bake at F350°F for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soybean Patties
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 186.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g