1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I made this up one day while reading several cookbooks, taking some of this and some of that and a bit of trial and error. I was trying to come up with a way to get my family to eat soybeans without thinking of it as another one of my "weird health food" dishes. My family loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak soybeans overnight in at least six cups of water.
- 2Cook soybeans in new water until tender.
- 3Thaw spinach in a bowl in the microwave.
- 4Saute onion (You could add one green pepper if you like.) Mix soybeans, crumbled bacon bits, onions and spinach together and spread in a large casserole dish.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix crumbled feta cheese, cottage cheese, and one egg.
- 6Spread cheese mixture over soybeans.
- 7Bake in 350 degree F oven 45 minutes until topping is brown and casserole is heated through.
- 8Variations: Use fresh spinach or broccoli or frozen broccoli.
- 9Note: You may need two eggs for binding the cheese to soybeans if feta is particularly dry.
- 10Sometimes I dust the top with a bit of paprika for color not for taste.
- 11You can use more or less bacon.
- 12It is just a teaser to get them to try it.
- 13I've made it without the bacon for a vegetarian friend of mine and she loved it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soybean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.1
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 622.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: