Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup vadi, crushed
- 1 medium potato
- 1⁄4 cup channa dal
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- garam masala powder, to taste
- red chili powder, to taste
- 3 tablespoons panir (tofu)
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 -5 coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 -4 green chilies, chopped
- Boil the first 7 ingredients using very little water in a pressure cooker.
- When the vadi, dal and potatoes are tender, make a soft dough of it by grinding it in a chopper.
- Mix with cornflour, garam masala and chilli powder.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients well.
- Add lemon drops or chaat masala in it as per taste.
- Make round balls of dough, flatten on your palm and put the equal portions shape, shallow fry them till brown.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
- Another really good idea is to use them as a stuffing for vegetarian burger!