Recipe by Rita Wu
Traditional Chinese drink. Very delicious and nutritious. People usually have it during breakfast.
Top Review by IvanaB
Is sugar really necessary in making Soya milk ? I do not think so. We should try to avoid sugar (particularly the refined white one) as much as possible. I have been preparing soya milk from soya beans in a machine for a year now and have never added sugar. When using the milk we add chocolate powder or an instant cocoa.
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the soya beans in water overnight.
- Make sure that the water can always totally cover the beans.
- Whirl the beans with water in a blender little by little until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Filter the mixture with muslin-made bag (or other fine cloth).
- Pour the mixture into a pot.
- Cook the mixture and add the sugar.
- Remove the foam floating on the surface whenever necessary.
- Take the pot away from heat when it has just boiled.
- You can enjoy the soya milk whether immediately or freeze it.